Linux Distributions Supported:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Suite 6.3 and 6.4
- SUSE® Linux Enterprise 11 SP2
- OpenSUSE 11.4 and 12.1
- Ubuntu 12.10
- UEFI Support for Ubuntu
- RHEL 6.4 Production Support
- OpenCL Console Mode Support
- Remove Slot Maximizer Linux Libraries from Driver Build
- Kernel 3.7 and 3.8 Support
- Retire RHEL 5.x and SLED 10 SP4 Support
1. Download your catalyst package. It will contain both 32-bit and 64-bit drivers packed in a .zip file.
2. Unzip the compressed directory using following command:
3. In order to access each file in the directory, you need to have root privileges. So, enter following command which applies execute permissions to the file irrespective of current permissions.
chmod +x amd-catalyst-13.4-linux-x86.x86_64.run
4. Create .deb files and install them using commands below:
sudo sh ./amd-catalyst-13.4-linux-x86.x86_64.run --buildpkg Ubuntu/precise
sudo dpkg -i fglrx*.deb
Manual Installation (on your own risk):
If installation of .deb file fails, you may install them manually. But, it is highly recommended that you should install .deb files and not follow manual installation.
1. Take backup of original configuration file.
sudo cp /etc/X11/xorg.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf.orig
2. Run it.
- Download AMD Catalyst™ 13.4 Proprietary Linux Graphics Driver from Here.
- AMD Catalyst™ 13.4 Proprietary Linux Graphics Driver Release Notes Here.