In one of my previous articles, I have explained How To : Install µTorrent Client in Ubuntu/Linux Mint Systems. This article will guide you to install qBittorrent- an another BitTorrent Client available with GUI. Besides Linux, qBittorrent is also available on Windows & Mac and it provides same features on each platform.
qBittorrent has reached it's latest version 3.1.0 and it supports following features.
- It comes with µTorrent-like User Interface
- Well-integrated and extensible Search Engine
- All Bittorrent extensions
- Remote control through a Web user interface
- Advanced control over trackers, peers and torrents
- UPnP / NAT-PMP port forwarding support
- Torrent creation tool
- Advanced RSS support with download filters (inc. regex)
- Bandwidth scheduler
- IP Filtering (eMule and PeerGuardian compatible)
- IPv6 compliant
- Sequential downloading (aka "Download in order")
- Available on most platforms: Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD
InstallationAdd the PPA.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:hydr0g3n/qbittorrent-stable
Update the local repository.
sudo apt-get update
Install the package.
sudo apt-get install qbittorrent