Oracle VM VirtualBox 4.3 is released! This tutorial will guide you to install or upgrade to VirtualBox 4.3 in Ubuntu Linux, Linux Mint and their derivatives.
Whats New in VirtualBox 4.3..?
- VMM: major rewrite of the VT-x code and the AMD-V code including many bug fixes and performance improvements
- VMM: introduced a lightweight instruction interpreter for situations not handled by hardware virtualization
- GUI: extended messaging mechanism (new non-modal popup overlays used to show non-critical warnings and provide user with additional information)
- GUI: keyboard shortcuts management (input page of global preferences extended with possibility to edit general keyboard shortcuts for VirtualBox Manager and Virtual Machine)
- GUI: video capturing support
- Added USB touch device emulation
- Added experimental support for webcam passthrough complementing USB passthrough
- Added SCSI CD-ROM emulation, including boot support
- VRDP: support for IPv6
- Guest Control: guest sessions now are running in dedicated, impersonated session processes (needs at least Guest Additions 4.3 installed)
- Guest Control: implemented IGuestFile support
- NAT: experimental virtual router mode: several VMs are attached to the same internal network and share one NAT service and many more...
InstallationYou can select and download an appropriate package for your distribution here and install them.
You can also execute some commands in Terminal to install VirtualBox 4.3 as follows:
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian $(lsb_release -sc) contrib" >> /etc/apt/sources.list' sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian $(lsb_release -sc) contrib" >> /etc/apt/sources.list' sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install virtualbox-4.3