Linux Distributions Supported
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Suite 6.3 and 6.4
- SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 SP3
- OpenSUSE 11.4 and 12.1
- Ubuntu 12.04.2 and 13.04
- Xorg/Xserver 7.4 and above (up to 1.14)
- Linux kernel 2.6 or above (up to 3.10)
- glibc version 2.2 or 2.3
- POSIX Shared Memory (/dev/shm) support
- OpenGL 4.3 support has been implemented
- Kernel 3.10 support has been added
- The Source Engine games no longer hang when running on the High Performance ASIC
- A Unigine Heaven 4.0 crash with high performance GPUs has been fixed
- Optimizations have been implemented for the SGPU for an 11% performance gain (unigine heaven)
- The Unigine Heaven OGL no longer stops responding at high resolutions with VSync enabled
- The menus are no longer slow with the vsync disabled for XBMC
Installation1. Download the zip file.
wget -c www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/amd-catalyst-13.8-beta2-linux-x86.x86_64.zip
2. Unzip it.
3. Make it Executable.
sudo chmod +x amd-catalyst-13.8-beta2-linux-x86.x86_64.run
4. Run the executable.