In one of my previous articles, I have explained How To : Install µTorrent Client in Ubuntu/Linux Mint Systems. This article will guide you to install qBittorrent- an another BitTorrent Client available with GUI. Besides Linux, qBittorrent is also available on Windows & Mac and it provides same features on each platform.
qBittorrent has reached it's latest version 3.1.3 and it supports following features.
- Add a key shortcut to “Add link to torrent…”
- Make all columns and headers use the same text alignment in the transferlist.
- Fix build system for Unix/Linux.
- Case insensitive sort in Peers list. Closes #1066.
- Small optimization of WebUI responses when there isn’t a data payload.
- Hide empty folders after filtering. Closes #74.
- Expand folders when filtering files. Closes #1076.
- Updated search plugin’s URL
- Strip some png to fix incorrect sRGB profiles.
- Fixed font issues on OSX Mavericks
- Improve text in the About dialog
- Always show a peer IP address as a tool tip
- Fix inhibit system functionality. Closes #766.
- WebUI: Don’t gzip too small payload.
InstallationAdd the PPA.
sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:hydr0g3n/qbittorrent-stable
Update the local repository.
sudo apt-get update
Install the package.
sudo apt-get install -y qbittorrent