Oracle VM VirtualBox 4.3.4, a maitenance version of VirtualBox 4.3, is released! This tutorial will guide you to install or upgrade to VirtualBox 4.3.4 in Ubuntu Linux, Linux Mint and their derivatives.
Fixes and Additions
- VMM: fix for a bug in the Local APIC emulation causing a BSOD when booting certain guests
- VMM: fixed loading of saved states if VT-x/AMD-V was disabled
- VMM: fixed single-stepping inside the guest for certain instructions
- VMM: fixed a performance issue involving APIC accesses after rebooting a VM
- VMM: fixed TPR patching to be enabled for 32-bit guests even when the chosen guest type is 64-bit (4.3.0 regression; AMD-V only)
- VMM: fixed occasional VINF_EM_TRIPLE_FAULT errors on hosts without the unrestricted guest execution feature
- GUI: don't bother the user with the BPP warning if no Guest Additions are installed
- GUI: fixed machine-window paint artifacts on VM reboot / guest-screen resize
- GUI: make sure the assigned license and description are attached to the exported appliance
- GUI: fixed bugs in close VM action restrictions handling
- GUI: fixed incorrect wizards text colors for some unusual look and feel styles
- GUI: should restore seamless mode as soon as possible after VM reboot or shutdown
- GUI: fixes for medium enumeration
- GUI: the OS X hot corners were not accessible while a VirtualBox VM is running
- GUI: fixed an old bug which bared the host from cleanly shutdown / reboot if the VM selector window is open
- Host-only Networking: fixed creating of host-only network interfaces and many more...
InstallationAdd the following command to add the VirtualBox repository.
Update the local repository.
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian $(lsb_release -sc) contrib" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/virtualbox.list'
Install the package.
sudo apt-get update
That's it !
sudo apt-get install virtualbox-4.3