- Fix digital playback on OS X when more than one audio device is installed
- Fix digital playback (SPDIF/HDMI) on Windows
- Fix stuttering or silent playback when using sound enhancers or external audio devices on OS X
- Improve responsiveness on OS X when playback starts or is being paused
- Improve responsiveness, silent playback intervals and reliability on iOS
- Fix Vimeo and DailyMotion parsing
- Various WMV playback improvements and fixes
- Fix LPCM 20/24-bit decoding and 16 bits with channel padding
- Fix playback of some HEVC samples
- Fix crash on deinterlace selection
- Fix some streaming profiles when copy existed
- Improve A-B loop control
- Fix album art update when changing media
- Add a language option in the interface
- Option to control VLC's iTunes pausing behavior is more easy to find
- Improved UI resetting when requested in the preferences
- Fix issue which prevented to enable more than one video filter on Mavericks
- Fix an issue which could prevent automatic UI language settings from working
- Fix opening subtitles files through drag & drop or double-clicking
- Fix crash when closing window without decorations
- Fix issue where extra video window was resized even if this was disabled
- Kill running VLC process on uninstall/update
- Update of Basque, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Estonian, French, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Kannada, Khmer, Lithuanian, Occitan, Persian, Polish, Romanian, Scottish Gaelic, Sinhala, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Uzbek, Welsh translations.
InstallationAdd the PPA.
Update the local repository.
sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:anton50489/test
Install the package.
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install vlc
When you add the PPA, other non-useful packages are also added with it. To remove them, run following set of commands after installing VLC:
sudo add-apt-repository -r ppa:anton50489/test sudo apt-get update