In one of my previous articles, I have explained How To : Install µTorrent Client in Ubuntu/Linux Mint Systems. This article will guide you to install qBittorrent- an another BitTorrent Client available with GUI. Besides Linux, qBittorrent is also available on Windows & Mac and it provides same features on each platform.
qBittorrent has reached it's latest version 3.1.5 and it supports following features.
- BUGFIX: Fix compilation with Qt 4.7.
- BUGFIX: Third attempt at fixing saving settings on OS shutdown.
- BUGFIX: Preview now correctly uses the selected file.
- BUGFIX: Allow to resize the columns in Add New Torrent dialog.
- BUGFIX: Ensure that at least one column in the tranferlist is always visible.
- BUGFIX: Ensure that the options window will always be placed onscreen.
- BUGFIX: Delete temporary files after they aren't needed.
- BUGFIX: Correctly detect libtorrent version.
- BUGFIX: Various code cppcheck fixes
- BUGFIX: Remove isohunt search engine and update thepiratebay url
- BUGFIX: Fix rss settings corruption when checking regexp and going to other rule.
- BUGFIX: Don't count paused torrents for the autoshutdown.
- LINUX: Fix notifications with xfce4-notifyd.
- OSX: Added basic retina support.
- OTHER: Sync translations from Transifex.
InstallationAdd the PPA.
Update the local repository.
sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:hydr0g3n/qbittorrent-stable
Install the package.
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install -y qbittorrent
For those who don't prefer adding PPAs, they can download the .deb packages from this page.