Oracle VM VirtualBox 4.2.22, a maitenance version of VirtualBox 4.2, is released! This tutorial will guide you to install or upgrade to VirtualBox 4.2.22 in Ubuntu Linux, Linux Mint and their derivatives.
Fixes and Additions
- GUI: Mac OS X host: introduced extradata option "GUI/HidLedsSync" aimed to enable HID LEDs synchronization (feature disabled by default)
- GUI: Mac OS X host: fixed issue on MacBook Air/Pro hosts when GUI might freeze in attempt to synchronize HID LEDs
- Main: always expose the DMI memory information to Windows 2012 guests
- HGCM: fixed crashes under certain conditions
- Storage: fix for BLKCACHE_IOERR runtime errors under rare circumstances
- AHCI: fixed a bug which resulted in Windows XP guest hangs if a SATA CDROM is attached
- AHCI: fixed a Guru Meditation under certain conditions
- E1000: if the cable was disconnected before the guest initialized the device, the link status was not properly set to 'down' after the initialization completed despite the fact that there was no connection
- 3D support: fixed offset of guest 3D image elements
- 3D support: many fixes
- Linux Additions: support Enterprise Linux 6.5 kernels
- Windows Additions: fixed guest crashes in in Shared Folders service under certain conditions
InstallationAdd the VirtualBox repository.
Update the local repository.
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian $(lsb_release -sc) contrib" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/virtualbox.list' wget -q http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian/oracle_vbox.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add -
Install the package.
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install virtualbox-4.2