Fixes and Additions
- VMM: more work on improving the emulation of certain MSR registers
- VMM: fixed a VERR_INVALID_RPL Guru Meditation when booting certain guests
- VMM: experimental support for SSE 4.1 / SSE 4.2 passthrough, see the manual for more information how to enable it
- VMM: fix for recent Linux kernels with software virtualization
- GUI: experimental HID LEDs synchronization for Windows hosts, see the manual for more information
- GUI: warn the user if the Oracle Extension Pack is not installed and the user tries to activate the remote display feature
- GUI: make sure that a minimized guest (using mini toolbar in fullscreen/seamless mode) keeps the minimized state
- GUI: popup banner’s “do not show this message again” check-box replaced with corresponding button
- GUI: network adapter cables can now be connected/disconnected directly through the running virtual machine Devices / Network menu a Network status-bar indicator
- GUI: the new VM wizard now proposes 64-bit guests on 64-bit hosts by default; better distinction between 32-bit OS types 64-bit OS types
- GUI: better error message if appliance import fails
- GUI: allow to set host-combination to ‘None’ using the Global settings / Input page
- GUI: don’t switch the guest to a black screen during online snapshot merge (4.3 regression)
- VBoxManage: when exporting an appliance, support the suppression of MAC addresses, which means they will be always recreated on import, avoiding duplicate MAC addresses for VMs which are imported several times
- AHCI: fixed a VM hang during suspend under certain circumstances
- AHCI: fixed a VM hang during online snapshot merge under certain circumstances
- AHCI: fixed a bug which resulted in Windows XP guest hangs if a SATA CDROM is attached
- AHCI: fixed a Guru Meditation under certain conditions
- AHCI: ejecting a CD/DVD medium failed under certain conditions
- AHCI: disk hotplugging fixes and many more...
InstallationRun the following commands to add the VirtualBox repository.
Update the local repository.
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian $(lsb_release -sc) contrib" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/virtualbox.list' wget -q http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian/oracle_vbox.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add -
Install the package.
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install virtualbox-4.3
That's it !