Oracle VM VirtualBox 4.3.10 is now available! This tutorial will guide you to install or upgrade to VirtualBox 4.3.10 in Ubuntu Linux, Linux Mint and their derivatives.
Whats New in VirtualBox 4.3.10.?
- VMM: more work on improving the emulation of certain MSR registers on certain host CPUs
- VMM: fixed single-stepping for real-mode guests (VT-x without unrestricted guest execution) and some I/O instructions
- VMM: fixed a potential problem with COW pages if nested paging is not available
- GUI: Mac OS X: experimental native full screen support for Mountain Lion and Mavericks
- GUI: Mac OS X: removed the mini-toolbar minimize button which doesn't work under Mac OS X full screen mode anyway
- GUI: experimental HID LEDs synchronization for Windows and Mac OS X hosts: fixed keyboard re-synchronization if the feature is disabled
- GUI: fixed a potential crash when opening the preferences menu
- OVF: fixed a crash of the VirtualBox Manager when re-starting guest export
- 3D support: several fixes and many more.
InstallationYou can select and download an appropriate package for your distribution here and install them.
You can also execute some commands in Terminal to install VirtualBox 4.3 as follows:
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian $(lsb_release -sc) contrib" >> /etc/apt/sources.list'
wget -q http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian/oracle_vbox.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add - sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install virtualbox-4.3