The latest version of Nvidia Graphics driver for Linux which is Nvidia 337.25 has been released and is available for download. It comes with plenty of fixes and changes. This article will guide you to install Nvidia 337.25 in Ubuntu and Linux Mint systems via PPA.
- Added support for the following GPUs:
- Fixed a bug that caused X to crash when querying clock offsets for non-existent performance levels.
- Fixed a performance regression when running KDE with desktop effects using the OpenGL compositing backend.
- Fixed a bug that caused duplicate entries to appear in some dropdown menus in the "Application Profiles" page of nvidia-settings.
- Fixed a regression that could cause OpenGL rendering corruption on X screens with 30 bit per pixel color.
- Fixed a bug causing mode validation to fail for 4K resolutions over HDMI in certain situations.
- Added nvidia-settings command line controls for over- and under-clocking attributes. Please see the nvidia-settings(1) manual page for more details.
- Fixed several cosmetic issues in the clock control user interface of nvidia-settings.
- Added support for the GLX_EXT_stereo_tree extension. For more details, see the extension specification:
- Enabled support for using Unified Back Buffer (UBB) and 3D Stereo with the composite extension on Quadro cards. Using stereo with a composite manager requires a stereo-aware composite manager. Otherwise, only the left eye of stereo applications will be displayed. See the GLX_EXT_stereo_tree extension specification for more details.
- GeForce GTX TITAN Z GeForce GT 740 GeForce 830M GeForce 840M GeForce 845M GeForce GTX 850M
More details in the Release Notes.
sudo apt-get remove nvidia* sudo add-apt-repository ppa:xorg-edgers/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install nvidia-337 nvidia-337-uvm
sudo apt-get remove nvidia-337 nvidia-337-uvm